• Question: if you had a laboratory what would it be called?, where will it be? (Most likely in a suitable area).

Asked by made358tea to Timothy, Sarah, Sam, Philippa, Paula, Jia, Galina, Edwina, Brooke, Andrew on 6 Jan 2020.
    • Photo: Brooke Johnson

Brooke Johnson answered on 6 Jan 2020:

Hi!

I would call my lab….The Kraken Lab!

‘The Kraken’ was the nick name of my step mum and she helped me loads while doing my university undergrad degree. I think she would find it really funny to have a geology lab named after her. 🙂

• Photo: Sam Henry

Sam Henry answered on 7 Jan 2020:

The kind of laboratory that we need for the particle physics experiments I have worked on would have to be deep underground to be shielded from particles and radiation coming from space. A good place would be the middle of a tunnel under a mountain so it is easy to get in and out.

• Photo: Paula Kaanders

Paula Kaanders answered on 7 Jan 2020:

It would be somewhere in Europe (yes, I know that’s not very specific, but I just haven’t pinned down where I want to live permanently yet!), and it probably would very boringly just be called the Kaanders Lab or something – it’s quite common for people to just use their last name to name their lab.

• Photo: Philippa Sinclair

Philippa Sinclair answered on 8 Jan 2020:

I think I would like to live in Hawaii, so my dream lab would be in Hawaii and named after whatever research we do there – I would feel strange calling it after myself although most people do.